NorthStar Counselling Services
Allyson Lucas, MDiv
351 Charlotte Street, Ste. 202 (upper level)
Peterborough, ON K9J 2W1
NOTE: There are stairs at this location. If mobility is a challenge for you, please let me know and an alternate location may be arranged.
NorthStar Counselling Services offers psychotherapy and counselling to children, youth, adults, and groups in Peterborough, Ontario.
I’m committed to providing affordable, accessible, wholistically-oriented and culturally-sensitive care to all.
If you’re interested in exploring how we can work together, there are a few ways to connect with me:
- Call 705-768-8703 and leave the details requested in a confidential voicemail message; your call will be returned within two standard business days during standard business hours, Monday through Friday.
- You may also email me to request a call-back.
Below is additional helpful information regarding NorthStar Counselling Services.
If you’re a new client, please fill out the Adult Intake Form below and bring it with you to your first session. Intake forms for children, and youth will be emailed to you after the initial consultation.
Fees & Payment Options
My fees are:
- $100 per 50-minute session for individuals (plus HST)
- For sessions with more than one person, please call me directly, as fees vary.
- Longer sessions are prorated.
Payment by cash, cheque or e-transfer is due at the end of each session.
EAP/EFAP (Employee Assistance Program/Employee and Family Assistance Program)
Each program has different policies and coverage limits that are dependent upon the services your company purchases. Please check with your provider for more details.
Psychotherapy services are not universally funded by OHIP. Many extended health insurance plans cover a portion or the entire cost for psychotherapy. Please check with your plan provider regarding coverage for psychotherapy and counselling services, the limits for hourly rates and yearly allowances, and how you’re compensated.
Here are some suggested questions you might want to ask your provider to help determine your benefits:
- Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits? Does it include registered psychotherapists?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it yet?
- Does my plan limit the number of sessions per calendar/school/fiscal year? If so, what is the limit?
- Do I need written approval from my primary care physician in order for psychotherapy services to be covered?
I am an approved provider for:
- Health Canada Employee Assistance Services
- Indian Residential Schools – Resolution Health Support Program (IRS HSP)
- Non-Insured Health Benefits (NIHB)
- Peterborough Police Service
- Shalem Mental Health Network
- Victim Quick Response Program (VQRP)
A receipt will be given after each appointment.
Please note that non-reimbursed psychotherapy expenses may be claimed on your income tax. For more detailed information, please, visit www.cra.gc.ca/medical.What appointment times do you offer?
Daytime, early morning, early evening, and some weekend appointments may be available. Please call, text or email for an initial phone consultation. I try to respond within two business days. Please call or text to book a free 15-minute, no-strings attached consultation.
Your appointment is a block of time that is reserved for you.
If you believe you won’t be able to make a scheduled appointment, please notify me as soon as possible, with at least 24-hours’ notice. Otherwise, you may be charged for the missed appointment.
If you’re experiencing an immediate crisis, please contact your doctor, your local emergency department, call 9-1-1, or Four County Crisis Team.
REGIONAL HEALTH CENTRE
705-743-2121 ext. 5022
COUNTRY CRISIS TEAM, MOBILE CRISIS INTERVENTION
24 hours/day, 7 days/week
KIDS HELP PHONE
24 hours/day, 7 days/week
Call, text or chat. Live chat and telephone counselling available.
Call a counsellor: 1-800-668-6868 (call is free)
SEXUAL ASSAULT CENTRE
24-hour crisis support line for all1-866-298-7778
DISTRESS CENTRE OF PETERBOROUGH
24 hours/day, 7 days/week705-745-2273